The Budget Speech 2007-08 Union Finance Minister announced a scheme for up-gradation of 1396 Government ITIs into centre of excellence in specific trades and skill through Public Private Partnership. In pursuance of this announcement wide/ ranging discussions were held with State Government Industry Association and other stakeholders and a scheme named "Upgradation of 1396 Government ITIs through Public Private Partnership" was formulated. Accordingly 33 Government ITI’s of the state have been covered under Public Partnership Mode till date and the funds to the tune of Rs. 82.50 Crore @ Rs. 2.5 Crore per ITI have been sanctioned from DGE&T, Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment, New Delhi. The main objective of PPP Mode Scheme and the name of industrial Training Institute are listed below:-
Public Private Partnership (PPP) envisaged in the form of active participation of the industry / Private Sector in every stage of design and implementation of the scheme. Industry bodies are represented in the Central Apex Committee and State Committees which would have overall responsibility of implementation of the scheme. Other areas of partnership are:
- Forecasting of emerging areas of employment at micro level.
- Development of course curricula of various trades.
- Development of instructional material for training.
- Assist in the training of trainers, wherever required.
- Making available their training & testing facilities, wherever required.
- Provide on the job training in their establishments.
- Development of assessment standards.
- Monitoring and Quality assurance.
- Assistance in placement of graduates.
- Provide trade experts to work as assessors of competencies.
- Voluntary donation of equipment to the ITIs/other training institutions.
- Providing guest faculty in new trades.
33 ITIs namely Nehranpukhar, Bhoranj, Bilaspur, Poanta Sahib, Nalagarh, Palampur, Dharamshala , Kasauli, Hamirpur, Berthin, Paplog, Jogindernagar, Jubbal, Bagsaid, Sundernagar, Rajgarh, Salyana, Bani, Kullu, Sainj, Nurpur, Chopal, Deegal, Dhameta, Bangana, Jawali, Udaipur,Recong Peo(W), Nahan(W), Chamba(W) Nalagarh(W) ,Una(W) & Bilaspur(W) have been upgraded under PPP Mode and grant-in-aid amounting to Rs. 82.50 crores @ Rs. 2.5 crore per ITI has been received from the Central Government/DGE&T, New Delhi. Financial and Physical performance under the scheme is as under
|Sr. No.||Name of Scheme||Funds Received from Centre upto 30.9.2010||Expenditure incurred||Sanctioned Intake per year|
|1.||Up-gradation of 33 Govt. ITIs under PPP Mode||82.50 Crore||100.79 Crore||6446 candidates are being trained every year in different trades.|